Oracle backup question

From: Kerri <x97cjq_at_stfx.ca>
Date: 2000/05/10

Hello,
I am currently doing a project in which I have to create a backup system for a database. The backup system will save the data that is greater than a year old to tapes and when the information is needed again it will be loaded from the tapes and sent via e-mail to the people who requested it. I am wondering if anyone has any sugestions on the best way to do this. Some possibilities that I am considering now are to create a "dummy" database that will enable the data from the tapes to be loaded into this "dummy" database and then sent via e-mail. Another possibility is to just load the data from the tapes back into the original database and then send the information via e-mail. If you have suggestions or comments on the current possibilities I would like to hear them.
Thanks for your help,
Kerri Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT