Re: Bypassing trigger on tables

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/10

Gertjan <gr_at_compexbv.nl> schreef in berichtnieuws 8fc6am$2al$1_at_porthos.nl.uu.net...
> For one of our customers we have a table that holds a trigger which copies
> the contents of the record that gets updated to an archiving table.
>
> Is there anyway I can update this table and NOT let the trigger go off? I
> want to update the table from pl/sql.
>
> Gertjan

You could disable the trigger programmatically (alter trigger ... disable) before the update. You could also avoid that hassle by adding creating a package with a variable on package level. Depending of the contents of the variable the rest of the trigger will be processed or skipped.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT