Server vs Client Date Formats

From: <bert_man_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

Kind of a wierd problem here, (should be a simple one but I'm stumped)...

When I sign onto SQL*Plus via a Unix _server_ and look at a field formatted as a Date, I see a 4 position year. When I sign onto SQL*Plus on an NT _client_, I see a 2 position year format. Same DB, just different (client / server) platform.

I've asked by DBA to set the NLS_DATE_FORMAT to 'DD-MON-YYYY' (to be Y3K compliant ;-)). How do I set the NLS_DATE_FORMAT to a 4 digit year on NT client. (I'm stuck with a 4 character convention).

We're using Oracle 8.0.5.2.1.

Thanks

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT