Diskeeper 5.0

From: Alexander Bisset <a-bisset_at_aberdeen-harbour.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/10

I am running Oracle 8.1.5.1.0 on a Compaq Proliant 6000 NT4 SP6, with a raid array. Is it safe to run Diskeeper 5.0 on the raid drivers where the Oracle datafiles are stored.

Diskeeper manual says raid drives work fine. I was concerned that Oracle might get upset if blocks are not on the part of the disk it was expecting. Or am I mistaken in thinking that Oracle on NT stores references to disk,cylinder,block etc as the rowid?

Any help much appreciated. Is anyone out there doing this? Any problems?

Regards, Received on Wed May 10 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT