Re: how to parse control files - get listing of dbfs and rdos

From: Andrew Williamson <andrewweb_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/10

I can't think of any good reason why you must derive these names after the instance is shut down. Why not do it in your shutdown script so it spits them out first? After all, it's not going to change once you've shut the database down...

select name from v$datafile
union
select member from v$logfile
union