Re: How to drop an nonexist table without the error message?

From: Patrick Joyal <please.reply_at_to.the.newsgroup>
Date: 2000/05/10

>1) Why do I not need to declare?

I know, all the examples in books use declare but it won't work? I'm new to Oracle, so I don't know WHY it don't work, but I know it don't.

>2) Why not use "as" when declaring a variable?

because it's Oracle's syntax.

>3) I need an "End If" even when only executing one statement?

Hey, it's not VB! It's not meant to be simple.

>Here is what I tried. I needed to add "FROM Dual".

or you could have tried this, assuming you change The_table_Exists to a numeric variable :

CREATE OR REPLACE FUNCTION Table_Exists (The_Table_Name IN VARCHAR2) RETURN BOOLEAN IS
  The_Table_Exists number ;
BEGIN