Multiple SQL statements without separators (port from Sybase)

From: Brad Lotsberg <lotsberg_at_willowglen.ab.ca>
Date: 2000/05/09

I am porting an existing application that makes use of Sybase's ability to execute multiple sql statements issued as a single string but it seems that Oracle cannot do the same thing.

In Sybase (isql utility or using the C++ client library) one can issue the following (note there are NO separators between statements):

delete table1 where column1=0
select * from table2
go

Is there an Oracle equivalent or near equivalent to this? I would rather not have to change the large amount of existing application code, but since all statements are sent through a library (that I am writing to "fake out" our existing Sybase library), I could live with adding to the beginning or end of the statement before sending it to Oracle via OCI calls. Having to parse the string into separate statements is really not something we want to get into because it is generated by any of several other processes and can be arbitrarily complex.

Thanks in advance for any help,

Brad Lotsberg, EET. Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT