Missing sequences... how to retrieve the missing no?

From: jess <jessica_at_brel.com>
Date: 2000/05/09

Dear Netizens

I am facing the issue of missing sequence number in one of our tables. I had set the sequence number to nocache. Hence, the system is slow and will need to retrieve the number from the disk whenever it is needed.

However, individual sequence numbers can be skipped if they were generated and used in a transaction that was ultimately rolled back. How do I make provisions to catch and reuse these sequence numbers?

Thanks in advanced.

Rgds,

Jessica
<jesskung_at_brel.com> Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT