Re: How to clean Killed Oracle sessions ???

From: <venkata_jonnala_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/09

Thanks a lot for your response

But my problem is this:

Web based application and I can't see inactive sessions, I don't have downtime to shutdown and startup to cleanup the killed processes. But in the mean time whatever the limit I set for the number of PROCESSES it's reaching the maximum number. In this scenario how can I deal with this ???? Please advise me.

Thanks,
Venkata

In article <8evblq$o7i$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,   c_dopp_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> You don't remove it. The session is truly inactive and you can drop
 the
> schema owner or do anything else as though no one is connected.
> The "KILLED" session disappears the next time the user tries to access
> their killed session, after notifying the user the session is killed.
>
> In article <8ev106$bke$1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>,
> venkata_jonnala_at_my-deja.com wrote:
> > DBA GURU's
> >
> > Please suggest me how to clean the killed sessions
> > in Oracle.
> >
> > When your client session got disconnected , then
> > you killed the session in the database still the
> > session exist with the status "KILLED". How to
> > remove that ???.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Venkata
> >
> > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> > Before you buy.
> >

> Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Tue May 09 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT