How to drop an nonexist table without the error message?

From: Maggie <maggiezhou_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

When I write create table script, I always put "drop" first, such as, drop table orders;
create table orders(id number);

I have some tables and indexes need to drop and recreate everyday. However, if this is the first time to run the drop and create table, it always shows the error that "table or view does not exist" first, and then create the table.
How to drop an nonexist table without the error message?

It really bother me because some scheduling tool will take as the error and stop the whole process. Hence, I would like to add some sort of "IF THEN" statement that bypass the "DROP" if the table has not created yet. I know the MS SQL Server, we run the statement as the following to avoid this error:
if exists (select * from sysobjects where id = object_id(N'[dbo].[Orders]') and OBJECTPROPERTY(id, N'IsUserTable') = 1) drop table [dbo].[Orders]
GO

Would you please tell me how it works in the ORACEL. Hope Oracle got this piece of beauty as well as MS SQL Server. Please help. Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT