Re: PL SQL - how to get the first day of the week

From: <emaus081269_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/08

SELECT sysdate - (to_number(to_char(sysdate, 'D')) - 1) from dual

Replace sysdate with any date you want. The D option will give the the day of the week. Day 1 is a sunday, so I hope you want the sunday.

In article <391705B4.6BDAC7D4_at_tool42.com>,   Carsten Jacobs <carsten.jacobs_at_tool42.com> wrote:

> Hi there,
>
> does anybody has a PL/SQL function which returns for a given date the
> date of the first day of the belonging week.
>
> Thanks for hints
>
> Carsten
> --

> material. Any review, retransmission, dissemination or other use of,
 or
> entities other than the intended recipient is
> prohibited. If you received this in error, please contact the sender
 and
> delete the material from any computer.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 08 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT