Re: Daylight savings and timezones

From: Bob Fazio <rfazio_at_home.com.nospam>
Date: 2000/05/08

No, by setting the TZ of the server to GMT, Oracle will always return times in GMT. Oracle just makes a call to the OS for the current time.

By the way, you can reverse engineer the time zone for all but the two hours in the fall. I have gone through all of this with my company.

--
Robert Fazio, Oracle DBA
rfazio_at_home.com