Re: Any info 0040 - oracle objects for OLE

From: <gjlinker_at_geocities.com>
Date: 2000/05/07

Hi,

Oraxcel will definitely be able to call PL/SQL procedures. In fact you can even use Excel cells as in/out parameters. E.g. the following statement would put the oracle error message in cell A10:

begin
  update emp set ename = 'value too long'; exception
when others then
  :A10 := sqlerrm(sqlcode);
end;

Or you can also use cells directly in your calls:

begin
  :B1 := my_package.my_function(:A1,:A2,:A3); end;

This will call the function my_function with the parameter values found in A1, A2 and A3 respectively and put the result value in B1.

Could it be easier!

You can find OO4O at http://technet.oracle.com. Make sure you download the right version of it. Match the OO4O distribution with your Oracle version and with your Operating system (e.g. OO4O for Oracle8i for WinNT).

Also, I've found that sometimes the small distribution does not seem to work. Download the large distribution (or developer's distribution) instead. The small one is about 7MB the large one 14MB or so

Regards, Gerrit-Jan Linker
Developer of Oraxcel
http://www.oraxcel.com

In article <38fcd82e.0_at_news2.cluster1.telinco.net>,   "Naz" <naziern.nospam_at_freenet.co.uk> wrote:
> Hi
>
> Can anyone tell how the above software works, I understand it does
 not use
> ODBC.
> I already have SQL*NET, I want to use a utility called 'ORAEXCEL'
> apparently the sales blurb says this software can run PL/SQL, which I
 have
> trouble running under MS Access or MS Query. Also can anyone point me
 to a
> site where I can download OO4O.
>
> Thanks
>
> Naz

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Sun May 07 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT