Re: sqlldr problem

From: Martin Haltmayer <Martin.Haltmayer_at_0800-einwahl.de>
Date: 2000/05/07

In your control file you must declare the input length as in the following example:

create table test_ldr (

	a varchar2 (4000)
	, b varchar2 (4000)

)
/

Then your controlfile should look like

load data
truncate into table test_ldr
(

	a position (1) char (4000) terminated by ";"
	, b position (*) char (4000) terminated by ";"
)

The char (4000) tells the loader the maximum length it has to provide for.

Martin