problems installing ORACLE6 under WIN95

From: Clueless <MissingLink_at_n2mail.com>
Date: 2000/05/06

Hi I'm "revisiting" Oracle after several years. In the meantime my OS has progressed from WIN 3.1 to WIN 95 and I can't install the RDBMS 6.0.31.2.2 successfully (although I did before under 3.1).

What happens is the cursor flicks around the screen when I try to start the database with "ORACLE" and I cant input anything.

This happens if I just try to install "RDBMS software only".

I tried updating my DEVICE=ANSI.sys etc as recommended on the install screen with no luck.

If I select "Both the RDBMS and the initial Database" then the DOS window hangs at the end when it tries to create the database.

Can my version of Oracle be installed under WIN95 ?

Its been so long I can't remeber if I have to do anything particular to ready my machine. Do I ?

For instance I seem to remember it can't be installed on a compressed drive (so I didn't).

If it can be installed I would appreciate if someone could give me a step by step "idiots guide" so I can get it up and running.

Thanks Received on Sat May 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT