Re: Where can I get Oracle8 manuals/documentation ?

From: Sybrand Bakker <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl>
Date: 2000/05/06

Dieter Rohlfing <320003300523_at_t-online.de> schreef in berichtnieuws s711f8.uk.ln_at_320003300523-0001.dialin.t-online.de...
> Hello everybody,
>
> last year I've bought from Suse a CDROM with Oracle 8.0.5 for Linux.
> This CDROM only contains 3 documents:
> - Oracle8 Release Note for Linux
> - Oracle8 Installation Guide for Linux
> - Oracle8 Administrator's Reference for Linux
>
> Now I'm on the search for further Oracle8 manuals/documentation.
> Specially I'm interested in the following manuals:
> - Oracle8 Administrator's Guide
> - Net8 Administrator's Guide
> - Oracle8 Server Reference
> - Oracle8 Sql*Plus Reference
> - Oracle8 Pro*C Reference
>
> I've already been on http://technet.oracle.com (as a registered user)
> and have only found the 3 manuals from my CDROM (besides of manuals for
> other operating systems).
>
> Last year I've worked in a company, where they had all OS-independent
> Oracle manuals on a CDROM (that was for Oracle 7.3). That is just, what
> I'm interested in, either to download or to buy as a CDROM. Of course,
> everything for Oracle8.
>
> Can anybody help and give me some hints or links? TIA.
>
> Or, as an alternative: can anybody recommend good books, which cover the
> same area as the above mentioned manuals?
>
> Dieter Rohlfing

Obviously, you didn't look too well.
They are at
http://technet.oracle.com/doc/server.804/index.htm which is the first URL
on
http://technet.oracle.com/docs/products/oracle8/doc_index.htm

If that doesn't suffice, you can order them as hardcopy, but it's very expensive.
Alternatively you could try
Oracle, the complete reference
and
The Oracle DBA Handbook
both by Kevin Loney and both published by Osborne/Oracle Press.

Hth,

Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA Received on Sat May 06 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT