Re: How big or full is a table?

From: <krichine_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/05

> > > But how can we tell just how full a table is?
> > > If it can expand to a maximum of 100 extents,
> > > how can we tell how many extents that the data
> > > is currently taking up? Say, at 90 extents.

All of the advice and your script will tell you how much space has been allocated for the table, it will not tell you how much of that space has been actually used by data.

The difference may be as small as zero, if you never delete from a table and if all of your allocated space is used, or as large as all allocated space.

In other words, when you delete data allocated space is not deallocated.

Kirill Richine

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri May 05 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT