Cannot deallocate the rollback segment

From: Allen <allen.brost_at_motorola.com>
Date: 2000/05/04

I am trying to deallocate the rollback segment and I am getting the following error:

"ORA-03297: file contains used data beyond requested RESIZE value"

This is not true. The data files size is 2G and the amount of used space is 40meg.
I have resized the rollback segment before (at least I thought I did) so I am not sure what the problem is this time, unless something is hosed. Any way to force the issue? Any help?