Re: table partitions

From: Kari Pannila <Xkari.pannila_at_tietoenator.com>
Date: 2000/05/04

Hi

You first should load the data to an ordinary table without partitions. After the data is checked convert the table into a partition of the main table.
It is a very fast command , because no data is moved , only data dictionary is modified.

(ALTER TABLE main EXCHANGE ....)

regards

Kari

(Mr.) Kari Pannila

      Oracle DBA

--

PS. Delete X from my mail address , it (X) is only for SPAMMERS.
    Poista X mail-osoitteen edestä, se on SPAMmereita varten.