pctfree and pctused

From: Neil Jellis <njellis_at_compuserve.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

I am the dba for our company with only a small amount of experience at the moment.

I am trying to work out what the best pctfree and pctused values would be for a table that only receives inserts (absolutely no updates or deletions) and select statements.

The table is essentially an archive of data.

As there will be no updates or deletions I had considered setting pctfree to 0% but am uncertain what an appropriate value for pctused would be.

Guidance from more experienced dba's would be much appreciated

Neil Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT