Re: Pro*C Precompile, ignore include file(s)

From: Kenneth C Stahl <BlueSax_at_Unforgettable.com>
Date: 2000/05/03

"Clayton M. Arends" wrote:

> Kenneth,
>
> > What version of Pro-C? What operating system? There is a bug related to
> > this in some versions.
>
> I believe you are asking what operating system I'm using to test. My test
> platform is Linux (Oracle 8.0.3 I believe) but this software needs to
> compile on any Oracle platform 7.3.x and up. I just need a flag to tell the
> pre-compiler not to parse a file. I read in a previous post (somewhere in
> the past year) that there is a flag to tell it not to parse ANY C file but
> you have to be sure to have your variables in an EXEC DECLARE block. I'm
> not sure if that is what I need or not but I just need a direction. And the
> person who posted the message neglected to specify the flag or the location
> in the documentation to find this feature *sigh*
>
> Thanks,
> - Clayton

What is in the header file that is causing the pre-compile to blow up? Are there any complex macros that contain quoted strings?

Is there any way possible that you can segegate the code which uses this header file into a seperate module. That way you would have one .c source file and one .pc source file. You'd have to set up your makefile to handle this but basically what would happen is that the two modules would be compiled seperately into .o files and then linked together. Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT