table partitions

From: Mujahid Hamid <mujahid_at_pharmco.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/03

Hello all,

I have a table with 48 partitions, I load data into one partition every month. table is partion by range on load_date column.

I want to be able to do the following:

(1) Stop users access to the partition that I am loading
(2) After the successful load, the data have to checked by one user and
while this data is being checked

     the other users should not be allowed to access this partition,
(3) after the data has been checked then allow all the users to see this
partition

Is some or all of the above possible or I am asking for too much here.

Please help

With Thanks

Mujahid Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT