Re: Codes for Email

From: Loki <geen.rotzooi_at_voor.mij>
Date: 2000/05/03

Some years!! ago Oracle had the following page on its technet. I haven't used the code because you need the Oracle8 database and at the time I was working with Oracle7. I have tried it with Oracle8 this morning but could not get it to work. If you can, please let me know how.

succes, Bart

Sending E-Mail using External Procedures Last Updated on 11-NOV-97
This sample calls an external procedure from a PL/SQL procedure to send e-mail using SMTP. (Oracle 8) Successful execution is contingent upon having the TNSNAMES.ORA and the LISTENER.ORA files configured correctly. Attached is the DLL and the source.

Download: Extproc.zip (46 KB)

CREATE OR REPLACE LIBRARY EMAILTEST AS 'D:\ORANT\EXTPROC\MAILTEST.DLL' CREATE OR REPLACE procedure EMAILER

(V IN OUT VARCHAR2, W IN OUT VARCHAR2, X IN OUT VARCHAR2, y IN OUT VARCHAR2, Z IN OUT VARCHAR2)  AS

 external name "EMailer" -- EMailer is the name of function in MAILTEST.DLL  library EMAILTEST

/

CREATE OR REPLACE PROCEDURE RUNEMAILER (V VARCHAR2,  W VARCHAR2,  X VARCHAR2,  Y VARCHAR2,  Z VARCHAR2) IS

V_SENDER VARCHAR2(40) := V; V_REC VARCHAR2(40) := W; V_HOST VARCHAR2(40) := X; V_SUBJECT VARCHAR2(40) := Y; V_BODY VARCHAR2(40) := Z; BEGIN EMAILER(V_SENDER, V_REC, V_HOST, V_SUBJECT, V_BODY); END; /

EXECUTE runemailer('fromMe', 'ToYOu_at_us.oracle.com', 'Mail Server', 'Subject Line', 'Body of mail message');

Copyright © 1997 Oracle Corporation. All Rights Reserved. Courtesy of the Oracle Developer Programme.