Re: ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed

From: Job <Job_at_pestilence.net>
Date: 2000/05/03

Paton Chen wrote:

> Dear all
>
> When I use "Net8 Configuration Assistant" to add
> an new service name to connect a Remote Oracle
> database.
>
> The test result shows the following:
> Connecting...ORA-12638: Credential retrieval failed
> The test did not succeed.
>
> Some of the information you provided may be incorrect.
> Press Back to review the information provided for net service name, or
> Change Login to change username.
>
> However, when I use "Net8 Configuration Assistant" to add
> an new service name in database machine.
> Everything is okey ....
> why ?
>
> Paton Chen

you probably need to change the username/password before doing the test - or after first failure - as scott/tiger is used by default even though lots of sites don't install the default database...your apps should be working anyway as you have created the service okay. Received on Wed May 03 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT