Calling packages in 8.0.4 - help!

From: Jeremy Melville <jmelville_at_spss.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

In version 8.1.5 of Oracle in a Visual Basic application I can send SQL commands to the database in this format:

strSQL = "call pack_Example"

This works fine, but my client will not be using version 8.1.5 for another couple of months and would like to use this package in version 8.0.4 until then. However, when I use the above syntax to call the package in the older version, it doesn't recognise the call statement. In addition to the above syntax, I have tried the following on the older version, but this did not work either:

strSQL = "execute pack_Example"

and

strSQL = "pack_Example"

I know that 'exe[cute]' is a SQL *Plus command, so I wasn't suprised that this command didn't work, but I don't know any others to try.

Does anyone know what is the correct syntax for calling packages in Oracle through code? Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks,

Jeremy. Received on Tue May 02 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT