Re: Restricting result set to first 10 of 100 without cursor

From: happy head <happy_head_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/05/02

In article <390ee66c.7565200_at_news.supernews.com>,   greenspawn_at_hotmail.com (Green Spawn) wrote:

> Use rownum
>
> select * from customers
> where rownum < 101

What a great solution!
However, I have noticed a quirk:

If I set the rownum to something like 50, it returns 43 records. If I set it to 11, it returns 9 records. How is this possible? My query is not the same as above, but how can the result set differ from query to query? Does the rownum property effect grouping?

Thanks (sorry to change the subject)
hh

--
"i'll never see myself in the mirror with my eyes closed..."

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.