Re: Oracle Stored Procedure

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

In article <390AEEAA.6BA8_at_hotmail.com>,
  Nicholas Poon <nicholas_poon_at_hotmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I would like to ask how the Oracle Stored Procedure be called by VB6
 and
> for data report?
>
> I have tried to get back a "Rowtype" but I have no idea how it can be
> collected by VB.
>
> create or replace package test_sp10_pack is
> type rctl is ref cursor return CUSTOMER%rowtype;
> procedure test_sp10_pack_sp ( rc1 in out rctl );
> end ;
>
> create or replace package body test_sp10_pack as
> procedure test_sp10_pack_sp ( rc1 in out rctl )
> as begin
> open rc1 for select * from CUSTOMER ;
> end;
> end;
>
> create or replace procedure test_sp10 ( rc1 in out
 test_sp10_pack.rctl)

see http://osi.oracle.com/~tkyte/ResultSets/index.html for various examples of ref cursors in different languages/API's

--
Thomas Kyte                              tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.