Re: client install problem

From: Jay M. Scheiner <jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

RAM is probably an issue here (32MB). I'm not sure how directX comes into this, but with MS who knows what they are thinking about. I have IE 4 (4.72) so it is a fairly new VM.

The bigger issue, though, is I just want ODBC from this machine. Is there a better way to get it than the 8i installer client script? Someone else must be running an Access front end on a smaller box?

On Mon, 01 May 2000 16:53:27 GMT, tandym_at_hotmail.com wrote:

>I have had two problems in relation to the installer - first, how much
>RAM do you have? I have found it difficult to use the installer
>without at least 128 MB. Also - check to make sure you have the latest
>directX drivers and the newest version of MS Virtual Machine.
>
>Sonya

Jay M. Scheiner
Programmer/Analyst
Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
remove _nospm_ from email address
Opinions are my own only! Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT