Re: client install problem

From: <tandym_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/05/01

I have had two problems in relation to the installer - first, how much RAM do you have? I have found it difficult to use the installer without at least 128 MB. Also - check to make sure you have the latest directX drivers and the newest version of MS Virtual Machine.

Sonya

In article <3909dde7.4144693004_at_news.erols.com>,   jxs_at_wolpoff_nospm_law.com (Jay M. Scheiner) wrote:
> On a Win 95 box, I am trying to install net8/odbc client software.
> The box has no CD, I am accessing an 8.1.5 std. edition CD from a
> shared drive over the network.
>
> When I run setup, after about 3 minutes JREW dies (page fault, or
> something).
>
> Any suggestions? Is there a better way to install ODBC/Net 8? I
> don't need SQL +, etc. This is just for MS Access to be able to act
> as a front end on this machine, no development.

> Jay M. Scheiner
> Programmer/Analyst
> Wolpoff & Abramson, LLP
> remove _nospm_ from email address
> Opinions are my own only!

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT