PL/SQL extenrla procedures (8i 8.1.6.0 WinNT DLLs)

From: Mike Davies <mike_at_hectic.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/05/01

If I build the sample external procedures from \orant\plsql\demo\extproc.*, they work fine.

If I write a simple DLL using the same principles, it works fine.

But if I put any Windows API calls (CreateFile etc) in the simple DLL, the PL/SQL call just hangs. And the only way to tidy up is to abort EXTPROC.EXE with a debugger.

__declspec(dllexport) void test1()
{

}

__declspec(dllexport) void test2()
{

MessageBox(NULL,"test","test",MB_OK);
}

i.e. test1() works, but test2() hangs.

The DLL I want to use works fine with other applications (Access, Arcview).

Have I missed something about the rules for external procedures ?

Mike. Received on Mon May 01 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT