Re: Connecting JDeveloper to tutorial.

From: Ed Dana <EDanaII_at_CSI.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

TDanis1522 wrote:

> Hi. I just did the same thing with
> JDeveloper and a local 8i on
> NT. It actually worked fine, but
> I do encounter problems of this
> type when multiple versions of
> Oracle Client are installed
> on the machine. Your SQL
> connection may be accessing
> a different tnsnames.ora than
> the JDeveloper connection.
> Also, do you have multiple
> Oracle_Homes, which can
> contribute to problems of this
> nature?

This problem shouldn't have anything to do with the client, as I am connecting to a local database.

Further experimentation revealed that I can connect using ODBC, but not JDBC.

--
Sincerely,           | Cold Hearted Orb, that rules the night. Removes
Ed Dana              | the colours from our sight! Red is gray and
=========== http://OurWorld.CompuServe.com/Homepages/EDanaII ===========