Installing Oracle 8i Lite on Win98

From: TDanis1522 <tdanis1522_at_aol.com>
Date: 2000/04/30

 I'm having trouble installing 8i Lite 4.0.0.2.0 on Win98. This laptop  previously had 8.0.4 running on it just fine. The 8i install seems  to go fine. However, when I try to use the net8 config tools, I get  an Ora-12203. Similarly, when I use svrmgr30, I get the same  problem. Every trick I try I run into TNS or SQL*NET issues.  I can't find anything like a lsnrctl command. The Navigator interface  is a little confusing to me - I usually work on Oracle in UNIX and  have no documentation. I would really appreciate any-one helping  me out on this. Alternatively, does anyone know of any Oracle  technical books that might offer an 8.1.5 CD that installs easily  (I'd want Java functionality, etc.). TIA!! Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT