Can't get 8.1.5 to install on Linux

From: <neil_at_ogham.demon.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/30

Hi

I've been trying but failing to get 8.1.5 (downloaded as an ISO image then burnt onto cdrom) to install onto linux. I get the following error when I run the installer:

Initializing Java Virtual Machine from /usr/local/jre/bin/jre. Please wait... Error in CreateOUIProcess(): -1
: Bad address

I've done everything mentioned in the installation notes (created the dba, oinstall groups, set up enviroment vars etc) but i still keep getting this error. I'm using Slackware 7, kernel 2.2.14 with jre 1.1.6v5 and glibc 2.1.

Can anyone suggest whats wrong because I'm getting rather frustrated?

Thanks in advance.

NJR Received on Sun Apr 30 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT