Syntax to return first record - Oracle ??

From: jason <jfielding_at_trinitech.co.uk>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hi,
Could anyone tell me how (and if it's possible) to create a SQL query that returns only the first (or last) record. Through Access, I could write :

select top 1 changedatetime
from tab1
order by changedatetime;

Is there an equivelant key word to 'top' (or 'bottom') when using standard SQL ?
TIA
Jason Received on Fri Apr 28 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT