Re: What does table SYSTEM.PRODUCT_PROFILE / SYSTEM.USER_PROFILE ???

From: Bo Seiffert <fox61_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2000/04/28

Hej Stephan
Can't remeber the full story, but it's a mean to control which users can access the database with certain privileges from specified products (applications).
When sql*plus locks onto the database, it identifies itself as "sql*plus" (can be setup by environment in sql*plus) and thereby the user can have a set of privileges (select/update etc.), but in another application the user can have another set of privileges. I know there is a paper somewhere on OTN and/or oracle.com with more info. Search for "product user profile". Hopes this helps.

--
Bo Seiffert
Somewhere in Denmark

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/