Re: Pro*C Precompile, ignore include file(s)

From: <marcpark_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/27

I do not know of any way to tell the pre-compiler not to include selective files.
What may be required is a design change. Keep what is in the .pc files to a miminum. If you do not need the 3rd Party item included in them do not have it in. Then call the functions to connect to the database from a .c file, and hopefully it will work.

Marc Parkinson

In article <M0YN4.1094$Y4.10780_at_typhoon2.san.rr.com>,   "Clayton M. Arends" <nospam_carends_at_evisions.com> wrote:
> All,
>
> Is there a way to selectively instruct the pre-compiler to NOT parse
 an
> included file? I have recently picked up a third party tool that has
> large filesize and it is causing the precompiler to choke
 (segmentation
> fault). If I compile the third party tool source by itself using "cc"
 then
> it works. If I create a dummy PC file with a couple EXEC statements
 and
> include the third party source then the segmentation fault occurs
 again.

> Because of the configuration of our application, all the included
 files (c
> and h files) must be included into the application using a #include.
>
> Thank you for your help,
>
> - Clayton

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Thu Apr 27 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT