Re: Code Sharing: How can I use one set of stored procedures with two sets of data?

From: <michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

I don't think so:

  1. When using dynamic sql ( DBMS_SQL ) - use bind variables instead of values. In that case Oracle is supposed to reuse the cursors.
  2. By adding APPL_ID you are gou=ing to pay in disk space, not in performance ( that field is supposed to be used in ANY created index ).

 Michael.

In article <956746956.124746_at_gamma.star.spb.ru>,   "Sergey Yurkevich" <Sergey_at_STAR.SPb.ru> wrote:
> Ok, but performance drawbacks will be considerable on these ways.
>
> Sergey
>
> michael_bialik_at_my-deja.com wrote in message <8e6ha8$kj8
 $1_at_nnrp1.deja.com>...
> >Hi.
> >
> > The answer is "may be" ( depends how much work you prepared to do ).
> > 1. Consider moving to 8i ( it has "INVOKER RIGHTS" so it may
> > solve the problem ).
> > 2. You can completely rewrite your procedures with DBMS_SQL ( by
> > using DBMS_SYS_SQL.PARSE_AS_USER instead of DBMS_SQL.PARSE you
> > can solve the problem as well ).
> > 3. My preferred solution is to use one set of tables and add
> > "APPL_ID" field to each table, so different users will use
> > different APPL_IDs, but still work with one set of stored
> > functions/procedures/packages.
> >
> > HTH. Michael ( s privetom ).
> >

> >In article <956656288.764597_at_gamma.star.spb.ru>,
> > "Sergey Yurkevich" <Sergey_at_STAR.SPb.ru> wrote:
> >> Hello
> >>
> >> I have a set of stored procedures and packages which are used
 through OLE
> >> DB.
> >> They process data from a set of tables.
> >> I'd like to fill in the tables in two different ways. I create two
 users,
> >> two sets of tables and fill in the tables. Can I configure ORACLE
> >> support both types of fillings and use only one copy of the code?
> >>
> >> Thank your in advance
> >> Sergey
> >> <sergey_at_star.spb.ru>
> >>

> >Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
> >Before you buy.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT