Re: SQL Query - Sum

From: Peter Connolly <peter_at_wpi.edu>
Date: 2000/04/26

By the nature of the group by statement you are creating groups of paid items, hence loosing detail data. Therefore for each group (25 or 50 in this case) you will return exactly one row which provides the sum for each row. This statement will return:

paid sum(paid)

25     50
50     100

Which is not the result set Toshi is looking for. Perhaps you tested on a table with cardinality one?

-Peter