exp /imp

From: David Shaffer <shafferd_at_uswest.net>
Date: 2000/04/26

i have a couple of questions about importing/exporting data in oracle.

  1. how can i exp/imp the data w/o the association to a tablespace ? my problem is that our DBAs create everything in the 'users' tablespace. because of table conflicts in our development environment i need to be able to isolate the tables/users in their own tablespace. i have the users/tablespaces setup. but, when i exp/imp, the imp goes into the 'users' tablespace. (i need to be able to automate this in cron)
  2. sometimes when importing large amounts of data i get rollback segments errors (cannot extend).. so, i created a rollback segment w/ maxextents unlimited. this only makes the error occur later in the import. i found that adding commit=y to the imp line makes the errors go away but the imp takes longer. is there a way to tell oracle to keep extending so that the rollback errors do not occur (even w/o the commit=y) ? all of the tablespaces that i created have autoextend on.

please include any parfile examples etc.. i am not a DBA. i am a developer trying to set up a development environment for many projects.

personally i feel that our DBAs dropped the ball in organizing our production environment. (all users are in the 'users' tablespace.. among other setup/schema problems).. right now, i need to isolate as much data as possible in our development environment. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT