Oracle Install/Patch Problem

From: <drgreerdrg_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

Ok...

I have installed Oracle 8i on a Linux system. I have also downloaded the latest patch. Before I patch it I was told to run the linux.sh in $ORACLE_HOME/install/utl/.

I am trying to do that howerver...almost every gmake call that is running errors out with the ld call. Specifically on some of hte calls that use "lserver8" and "lclntsh". I don't know enough C to try and debug the install scripts, and was hoping that someone may have run into this before.

Any help would be appreciated.

Here is one of the errors:
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lserver8
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
gmake: *** [/opt/OraHome/rdbms/lib/oracle] Error 1

Thanks,

Darren

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT