Re: Disable rollback feature

From: <marcpark_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

It depends on what you are doing. If you are creating a table, an index , or a partition you can use the nologging feature. If you are doing a update, delete or insert you can not.
You may want to have your DBA add more space to the rollback segments, or break up you sql command into serveral smaller portions to get by this problem.

In article <3904A845.D6BDFD6E_at_liberate.com>,   Eric Ma <eric.ma_at_liberate.com> wrote:
> I got the following oracle error.
>
> DBD::Oracle::st execute failed: ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive
> SQL level 1
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 2
> ORA-01628: max # extents (512) reached for rollback segment R2
> ORA-01562: failed to extend rollback segment number 2
> ORA-01628: max # extents (512) reached for rollback segment R2 (DBD
> ERROR: OCIStmtExecute)
>
> Can I disable the rollback feature so I'll avoid the above error? In
 my
> application, rollback isn't really necessary.
>
> Thanks.
>
> Eric --

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT