Re: Req help: Oracle 8.0.5 Server Edition and RedHat Linux 6.1, creating a new SID

From: <asokol99_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/26

In article <8e651p$iqb$1_at_dream.ins.dn.ua>,   Igor A. Feoktistov <fia_at_ins.dn.ua> wrote:
> [...]

 ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

> >> I think you need read original documentation by Oracle instead of
 those
> >> books ;)
> > What do you mean by "^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^" those words?
> I mean a man who read a lot clever books about Oracle must know
> that during online (hot) backup it is possibly any data manipulation
 and
> data change too.
> --
> E-mail: fia_at_ins.dn.ua
> ICQ: 34433616

I stand corrected that you CAN make data changes during hot backups and I tried to relate the point that at some times during tablespace maintenance when you must put it offline all users with the objects in them are effected.
My mistake still doesn't make Oracle books any better and noone I know has anything good to say about them. On the contrary, the books I suggested earlier (which you labeled as "clever books") used by many colleagues of mine, who are far more experienced in the subject then me but still use them routinely (which i can't say about oracle publications).

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Wed Apr 26 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT