ORA-12514 TNS Client problem....

From: Eddie Hernandez <eddie.hernandez_at_mdintouch.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

I have an 8.1.6 database which has a rogue client calling it every 10-15 minutes with a misconfigured TNSNAMES.ORA file. I would like to fix the client, only problem is I don't know which machine it is. I believe its an automated client but we have quite a few that call the db. HEre's the only clues I have.....

within Alert.log file

Mon Apr 24 15:18:12 2000
Errors in file F:\disk1\mdd\bdump\mddRECO.TRC: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect descriptor

within reco.trc file

I went into OEM and looked up session#1 thinking it would tell me what client is causing this but it didn't help much...this is what I found

SessionID=1
Status=Active
Username=
OS User=SYSTEM