How to log on Oracle on a tcp-ip loopback computer with hostname ...

From: curious <who_at_knows.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Hi.
I have a question that i wonder if anyone could help me with.

I am running Oracle on a pc not connected to a network ... The installation process worked alright and everything is well, except for the fact that i would like to log on my oracle database using my pc s name as "host" ...

if i try to log on with user/password/machinename ... i get an error-message that there is no tns-listener ...

i know that oracle creates a loopback listener during the installation prosess 127.0.0.1 ... but what configuration files do i have to change ... so that i can log on to host = <mymachinename> ... (?)

Can anyone give me a clue ... ? I would be glad for a "paste" of the important parts of a tns- configuration file or anything else that is needed to succeed. I have tried to find the answer in the documentation but with no success so far.

Please help?

Thanx in advance ... Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT