Re: oracle 8i on linux (RH6)

From: Terry Steyaert <steyaert_at_my-deja.com>
Date: 2000/04/24

Yes. You should have jre_116, and link that to jre.

Also, rather than run runInstaller like the instructions mention, you should go to /mnt/cdrom/install/linux (or replace /mnt/cdrom with where you exported the oracle code) and run runIns.sh

That will correct most of the JRE problems.

Terry Steyaert
steyaert_at_my-deja.com

P.S. If you check for posts from me, you will find my "instructions" that are used in-house for the loading of Oracle 8.1.5 on RedHat 6.1. Those should give you a pretty good clue. (Deja still has it in memory.) There are also several other web sites, for instructions, including technet.oracle.com.

In article <8duoed$eur$1_at_news0.skynet.be>,   "john theunis" <john.theunis_at_advalvas.be> wrote:
> hi all,
>
> I'm trying to install Oracle 8i on a Redhat 6.0 (intel) system
> I get 'initializing java virtual machine...etc' and then some screen
 that I
> can't read because it's only there for a millisecond. After that, the
> terminal window hangs on the java message 'initializing...'
>
> sounds familiar to anyone?
>
> thx
> john

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Mon Apr 24 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT