Re: Autocommit

From: Thomas J. Kyte <tkyte_at_us.oracle.com>
Date: 2000/04/23

In article <NptM4.838$Q_2.170979_at_carnaval.risq.qc.ca>,   "Mr.X" <pandore_at_itr.qc.ca> wrote:
> How can I disable the autocommit that is the default option in PL/SQL
 Oracle
> for a stored procedure ?

there is no such feature. plsql does not ever "autocommit".

various languages (microsofts api's almost always do due to their locking mechanims) autocommit (eg: ODBC autocommits, JDBC autocommits).

PLSQL does not autocommit.

> I want to test the concurence and without disable this option a
 concurent
> stored procedure wait without sending an error message. I absolutly
 want
> this error message to threat it as a normal error.

don't understand that statement at all.

--
Thomas Kyte                              tkyte_at_us.oracle.com
Oracle Service Industries

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy.