Extracting data to client PC from server

From: Glenn Goslin <glenng_at_iafrica.com>
Date: 2000/04/22

I am new to Oracle, having just completed the PL/SQL and Program Units courses. I am scheduled to complete the Forms and Reports courses during May.

I have been tasked with converting some our more frequently used scripts which extract data uing PL/SQL scripts which are run from SQL*PLUS, to procedures and to specifically avoid using temporary tables.

I have noticed that the documentation for the UTL_FILE only refers to reading and writing data from/to files on the server(UNIX), and not the client PC(in our case WIN95).

Does the package provide the facility to read and write files on client PC's ?

many thanks
Glenn Received on Sat Apr 22 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT