HOW AUTOMATE EXPORT & BACKUP ?

From: <ouldmoh_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2000/04/21

Hello,

First: please excuse my english.

Second: I want to create a file containing some shell instructions which automate export and then backup the database each days. It must contains the following:
1) from anwhere connect to the database server (locally). 2) make su - oracle then I give it:

  1. username
  2. password
  3. export database (at this step I well be asked exp file...?, in reponse I hit on Enter button).
  4. Save the database (in order to locate the last backup of database the file must contain Year/days/Hour of saving, e.g. MySaveFile_2000/04/22H:30mn.dmp). I need all this in a file which can to be run automaticly each days for example at 00:00. The script must be able to search automaticaly $HOME_ORACLE from /etc/oratab.

Thank your for interest.

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/
Before you buy. Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT