HELP! DBMS_SQL.PARSE

From: John A. Pearson <jpearson_at_wellesley.edu>
Date: 2000/04/21

Hello,

    I have been using this built-in package for a while to create and drop tables (DDL's) dynamically.

    However, now I want to use DBMS_SQL
to pass an INSERT statement.

    I have had little luck.

    v_createstring := 'INSERT INTO TEMP

                             ( FIELD_ONE,
                               FIELD_TWO)
            VALUES  ('||NUM_1||,
                               ||NUM_2||' )'

    The values are variables within the package the this code is in.

    I have had luck with inserting only the first column.

    When I get the second column into the script I get the error message of ORA-00984: column not allowed here.

    Any ideas around this? ....

    If you do, please forward an example.

    Thanks in advance,

john Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT