Questions about choosing an Oracle Career.

From: Natural Born Cxynic <NBxC_at_cynic.com>
Date: 2000/04/21

Hi, I am considering choosing an Oracle based career.

But I am kind of dumbfounded as to existing positions and what to expect.

First off, I am a Delphi Programmer with 2 years of experience on a Large Project
interfacing with Microsoft SQL server.

My questions:

   I am considering a career as an Full Time Oracle DBA(junior level of course)
and am wondering if DBA's have fulltime careers, or if it is specifically combined with
Networking, and User Support??????

In Addition, I am trying to get away from Applications Development within Oracle if that
is possible, but then again may have to go that route.

Any insights??

On a Side Note:
Basically, I can see as that I am getting older, that a DBA type of career could keep me
busy and active into my 60's whereas a 'Programming Career' wouldnt cut it.

robt2_at_ix.netcom.com Received on Fri Apr 21 2000 - 00:00:00 CDT